Edward Love (Eddie)
191 University Boulevard, #723 • Denver, Colorado 80206
Manager / Assistant General Manager
Hospitality / Retail
Extensive experience optimizing operations and profits for companies within hospitality and retail sectors through outstanding management and relationship building expertise. Accomplished and tenacious professional with proven ability to guide broad range of operations including staffing, inventory control, merchandise placement, budgeting / cost containment, and sales / marketing; generating impressive energy and commitment in maximizing bottom line and reputation for all employers. Recognized contributor with knowledge and skills needed to build and sustain strong customer loyalty through compelling service and support and superb hotel / store organization and cleanliness. Articulate and collaborative communicator and leader with talent for establishing productive relationships with staff, colleagues, contractors, and suppliers and building strong, motivated teams through effective training and mentoring.
Retail / Hospitality Management • Customer Service / Retention • Budgets • Food & Beverage
Inventory Control • Staff Recruitment / Retention / Productivity • Sales • Problem Solving
Collaborative Relations • Enthusiasm / Loyalty • Expense / Waste Containment
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER, Wal-Mart, Various Locations in U.S. • 2004-2010
Charged with guiding all operations for Wal-Mart stores including inventory control, merchandise placement and management, pricing, and loss prevention. Recruited, hired, trained, and motivated staff. Maintained security systems and oversaw investigations for theft from internal and external sources. Oversaw floor environment and services and backroom operations.
• Optimized operations for Wal-Mart through skilled management of several stores including $125M Supercenter.
• Strengthened sales and margins for Wal-Mart stores through meticulous focus on merchandising, customer service, and store organization / cleanliness; enhancing company’s reputation in local communities.
• Championed creation of motivated, loyal employee teams through meticulous training, mentoring, and evaluation.
EXECUTIVE PARTNER / ACCOUNT MANAGER, Xpress Business Services, Biloxi, Mississippi & New Orleans, Louisiana • 1994-2004
Guided all business services operations for individual and corporate clientele including human resource and general office management, accounting, sales, and public relations. Calculated staffing levels to ensure optimal coverage and created / revised workforce policies and procedures for clients. Recruited and hired staff, ensuring proper orientation and training.
• Strengthened growth and profits for company by generating impressive business expansion and retention for clients through compelling relationship building and account management.
• Maximized value to clients through effective management of diverse operational processes, providing broad perspective and anticipating / resolving problems and issues.
• Offered clients full range of staffing services ranging from recruitment, background screening, and hiring to training and evaluation; analyzing staffing levels to determine best, most cost effective coverage.
GENERAL MANAGER, Travelodge Hotel, New Orleans, Louisiana • 2002-2003
Accountable for broad range of operations such as cash management, front desk hospitality and efficiency, housekeeping, and maintenance. Controlled sales and marketing processes and ensured guest satisfaction. Hired, trained, and evaluated service and maintenance staff and oversaw administrative functions such as accounting, budgets, and payroll.
• Spearheaded profitable operations for hotel, overseeing housekeeping and building maintenance projects and implementing strategies to optimize employee performance and building cosmetics.
• Enhanced sales and reputation for hotel through compelling guest support / service and productive relations with group bookings.
• Generated enthusiasm and loyalty from hotel personnel through hands-on operational leadership in promoting importance of cleanliness and customer service into organization’s culture and mission.
STAFFING AREA MANAGER, Itsalaboutu Staffing, Biloxi, Mississippi & New Orleans, Louisiana • 1999-2002
Accountable for all operations for hospital staffing company such as staffing, transportation, contracts, payroll, and general administration. Promoted company within Biloxi and New Orleans areas through effective sales and marketing efforts. Oversaw staff training and placement logistics, ensuring client satisfaction that generated repeat business.
• Demonstrated impressive capability to manage core operations for company ranging from contractor performance, office administration, and human resources to client service and support.
• Expanded company’s sales and growth by networking effectively with community contacts and developing cold call sales campaigns including scripts.
RESTAURANT MANAGER, Denny’s Restaurant, Biloxi, Mississippi • 1997-1998
Directed all restaurant operations for 2 and 3 shifts including staffing, facility appearance and maintenance, and inventory control. Guided office administrative processes utilizing compute software programs. Hired, trained, and supervised staff, ensuring optimal levels to maximize cost containment. Accountable for processing daily cash receipts, ensuring that money was deposited daily.
• Offered company versatility and dependability in effectively guiding both back-of-house and front-of-house operations, setting high staff expectations that resulted in optimal customer experiences.
FOOD & BEVERAGE, Marriott Hotel, New Orleans, Louisiana • 1994-1996
Oversaw all phases of food and beverage services such as room service for both casual and fine dining restaurants, catering, banquets, functions, executive gatherings, hospitality suites, and large parties.
• Spearheaded effective communication within hotel business and service environment by building collaborative relations and positive work culture between various departments.
Currently perform affiliate marketing as Owner / Operator for ECL Enterprises SP, successfully selling various products both online and offline and providing training to others. Also served as Front Desk / Night Auditor / Manager-on-Duty for Landmark Hotels, Holiday Inn Hotels, Laquinta Hotels, Renaissance Hotels, among several other hotel properties and Recruiter / Human Resource Staffer for Harrah’s Casino.
Coursework in Psychology and Accounting
Auburn University, Montgomery, Alabama
Alabama University, Birmingham, Alabama
Technical Training in Health Occupations (2000 hours)
Mt. Meigs State Academy of Education, Montgomery, Alabama
EMT I, II, III, IIIb, Trentholm State Technical College, Montgomery, Alabama